Certificate in Research Methods
This course will provide an opportunity for participants to establish or advance their understanding of research through critical exploration of research language, ethics, and approaches.
The course introduces the language of research, ethical principles and challenges, and the elements of the research process within quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches. Participants will use these theoretical underpinnings to begin to critically review literature relevant to their field or interests and determine how research findings are useful in informing their understanding of their environment (work, social, local, global).
At the conclusion of the course, the participant should:
- Understand research terminology
- Be aware of the ethical principles of research, ethical challenges and approval processes
- Describe quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods approaches to research
- Identify the components of a literature review process
- Critically analyze published research
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of different research methods and when it is and is not appropriate to use specific methods;
- Types of Research
- Research Design
- Methods of Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Problems encountered by Researchers in Developing Countries
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
Course duration: 3 months
Course fee: €500
Regions targeted: Global
All materials are made available through our online learning platform
Language: English and French