Post Graduate Diploma in Food Security Management
This course is moderated by an international team with extensive field and great wealth of experience. The Course will enable learners, apprehend food security and equip them with the necessary skills to manage food security activities in their communities. The course is made up of two specializations Food Security: Advocacy and Action and Impact Assessment of Food Security Programmes and a final project…
- Define food security as a broad concept used to determine people’s general well-being.
- Understand the concept of vulnerability and how it is applied to food security.
- Appreciate the importance of food security analysis to trigger appropriate action to address food insecurity.
- Identify in a practical way the main items for the assessment and evaluation of food security programmes.
- Understand the need for identifying the underlying causes and characteristics of food insecurity.
- Understand the basic measures to monitor and evaluate targeting activities.
- Acknowledge food security as a policy issue cutting across different sectors.
This programme will prepare you to meet the demand for knowledgeable and well-trained food systems analysts and leaders by fostering practical and critical learning with an international perspective. Students in the Department of Food Systems, Culture and Society typically have backgrounds in a field related to the agri-food sector or an academic background in agriculture, anthropology, economics, environmental studies, development, public health or sociology.
Who should enroll?
Participants who wish to specialize in the Agri-food sector, as well as those interested in working in the said field.
Minimum entry requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable.
The following shall be eligible for admission.
- a) Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- b) Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognized Institution.
Course duration: one year (2 semesters)
Assignments: candidates shall be expected to submit 10 assignments (Continuous Assessment test) that Account to 70 % of their Work and a Project Paper at the Tail end of the course, which accounts to 30 % of the course Work.
Regions Targeted: Global
Courses Fees €1200