Post Graduate Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course Objectives
More than ever before, the success of any business today is more dependent on the performance of its supply chain. Efficient supply chain management has an effect on the overall internal performance of any organization. Current economic crisis and competitiveness of global organization increases its importance even further. Organizations adopt numerous business improvement methodologies to improve the business performance. Manufacturers and researchers have noted a number of problems regarding supply chain activities in their research and practice. After taking scholarly recommendations into consideration, we came up with a comprehensive course on Purchasing and Supplies at a Post Graduate level.
The aim of the course is to provide students with necessary skills in Purchasing and Supplies Management that can enable them to respond to their need for effective management of public private enterprises and Non-Governmental Organizations. The specific objectives of this programme include:
- To develop a coherent and broad based coverage of Purchasing and Supplies Management and the underlying principles in the supply chain management.
- To equip the learners with appropriate business skills in Purchasing and Supplies Management.
- To enhance learners confidence and ability to critically evaluate supply chain requirements.
- To enable learners to develop solutions from moral, professional and academic perspectives.
- To provide students with experience in the development of Supply Chain Systems necessary for solving business problems and making managerial decisions.
- To prepare the candidates to undertake research and pursue Post-graduate studies
- Introduction to Purchasing
- Purchasing/Procurement Operations
- Buyer and Seller Relationships
- Managing Suppliers
- Storage and Warehouse Management
- Inventory Management/Supply and Demand Management
- Cost Management in Supply Chain
- Quality Management in Supply Chain
- Ethics and Professionalism in Supply Chain Management
- International procurement/Global sourcing/Outsourcing
- Public/Government Procurements
- Role of Purchasing Function
- Inventory Management
- Strategic role in Material management
- Product Management
- Operation Research
- Public Procurement
- Best practices and Principles in Procurement
- Computers in Operation Management
- Capital Budgeting
- Capital Budgeting 2
- Cost of Capital
- Capital Markets
- An Introduction to Financial Management and Control in the NGO Sector
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Logistics and Distribution Management
- Integrated logistics and Supply Chain Management
- International Logistics
- Improving Post-disaster Humanitarian Logistics
- Humanitarian Relief And Broken Supply Chains: Advancing Logistics Performance
- Building Resilience in Community Recovery: Overcoming Supply Chain Performance Challenges in a Crisis
- Disaster Resilience in America
- Communicating the Urgency for Action on Climate Change
- Humanitarian Logistics: Core Challenges
- Humanitarian logistics: context and challenges
- Logistics and Emergencies
- Key Characteristics of Emergency Supplies
- Receiving Supplies
- Record-Keeping, Control, and Monitoring of Supplies
- Managing Medical Supplies
- Transparency and Information in Emergency Supply Management
Module 10: Research paper
- You will be required to choose a research topic, share it with the moderator, upon agreement write a proposal, after that do corrections plus writing chapters three, four and five of the whole paper. Guidelines will be provided on the format preferred by the institute.
- Module 12: Final examination
Minimum entry requirements
Common regulations governing Post-Graduate Diplomas shall be applicable.
The following shall be eligible for admission.
- a) Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- b) Holders of an equivalent qualification from any other recognized Institution.
Course duration: one year (2 semesters)
Assignments: candidates shall be expected to submit 10 assignments (Continuous Assessment test) that Account to 70 % of their Work and a Project Paper at the Tail end of the course, which accounts to 30 % of the course Work.
Regions Targeted: Global
Courses Fees €1200